Tuesday, October 18, 2011

This is How Much I Love Movies-An Introduction/ The Execution of Mary, Queen of Scots (1895)

    I spend a lot of energy searching for the perfect film. It's an obssession. In order to understand this madness, throughout this blog, I will take the time to dissect, then define my opinion of a perfect film. I'll take into account certain situations and hardships faced by each film to relay a creative and informed review. My favorites are those not adequately recognized for the significance that they deserved. Mostly because they were misunderstood. As time has passed, many of these obscure films have attained popularity and even developed into mainstream icons. Upon exposure, younger generations will see the genius in these humble films, previously scorned simply because they were way ahead of their time.
     I'll try to make this as organized as much as my messy mind possibly can. I'll be defining terms as we go along the decades searching for these hidden treasures of film history. The good, the bad, the camp, the gore, and oh so much more!


The Execution of Mary, Queen of Scots (1895) Directed by Alfred Clark



This is the most epic 18 second long film I’ve ever seen. Produced by Thomas Edison, ‘The Execution of Mary, Queen of Scots’ is just that. It’s the first footage using trained actors and the first decapitation on film.

This is the first editing trick ever used for a decapitation on film and that makes this simple, 18-second film very important for the progress of the horror genre and cinema history in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment